Excellence in Medical Education & Healthcare
DOT (Direct Observation Therapy) service for Tuberculosis (TB) patients is opened on 15 June 2013 at the hospital with the joint collaboration of the International Medical College & Hospital and NGO (Brac). Subsequently NGO (Brac) agreed to nominate a counsellor for counseling the patients of Tuberculosis (TB.) The DOT service provides the following services:
1. Identify the patient who is infected by tuberculosis in the hospital.
2. Supply the drugs of tuberculosis to the patients.
3. Follow up the admitted tuberculosis patients.
4. Refer the patients to appropriate places as and when necessary.
5. Monitoring patient’s compliance.
6. All treatments & drugs of tuberculosis are free.