International Medical College (IMC) was established in the year 2000 after completing all procedural formalities and after obtaining permission from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The campus stands in a solitary environment amidst green vegetation, spaced villages and large water bodies. One takes a walk around the campus to take fresh breath while enjoying the panorama and picturesque that the site offers. Everything combines and converges here to make it a perfect place for learning.
The present campus of the College has an area of about 9 acres of land. The college and all preclinical and para-clinical departments are located in the academic building. The Classrooms, Dissection hall, Laboratories, Museum, Library and other facilities are well. International Medical College Hospital (IMCH) is the academic hospital of the College. It is a 650 bedded multidisciplinary Hospital Complex which is located in the proximity to the College building.
This medical college has a well equipped modern academic library known as IMC Central Library situated at academic building comprises in 1th floor. The library can accommodate over 60 users at a time in its well-furnished reading area. On an average more than 200 doctors/members/teachers/students use this library every day.
2. Study Area
IMC Library is located at the 1th floor of academic building having approximately 2000 sq ft floor space. It is a compact library with built in facilities to provide various services to students, doctors, teachers and researchers.
3. Library Manpower
At present 01(One) Librarian, and 01 (One) Library Assistant and 01 (One) Computer Operator Cum Library Assistant working in the library.
4. Library Hours
IMC Library is open on all working days except during declared public and weekly holidays. Library opening hours for readers are as follows:
8:00 am - 09:00 pm
Weekly Holiday: Friday
In addition, the Library may be closed at any time with the prior approval of the Higher Authority when appropriate. Closing procedures begin 10 minutes prior to actual closing time and all patrons are requested to exit the library 10 minutes prior to actual closing time.
5. Library Policy
The library invites all members (teachers/students and staff) of International Medical College (IMC) to make use of its facilities and collections. The following Library rules and regulation are instituted to ensure the library to be able to provide the best services possible for all users.
Library Rules and Regulations
01. All library materials should be brought (Without reference items) to the Circulation Desk to be checked out.
02. International Medical College (IMC) of all respective teachers, staff and students must present a valid IMC ID card in order to charge materials.
03. Reference Book, Journals, Thesis, Research Report and Magazine are not offered for loan but can be used for reading in library after accessioning the register. They have to be returned to the circulation desk.
04. Two books can be borrowed only for One week (teaches & staff) and Two books will be borrowed for One week(students).
05. Patrons are responsible for returning materials on or before the due date. Retention of borrowed materials beyond the date on which library materials are due shall result in a fine.
06. Patrons can be renewed their materials before due date without incurring any fines.
07. Pay Five (05) Tk. per day as fine if you keep the given book more than the deadline.
08. Pay the original price + 15% service charge if you lost any library materials.
09. A borrower who loses or damages library material shall be required to replace the item. A replacement cost is not acceptable unless the item is not available in the market.
10. A member must obtain clearance from the library at the time of receiving his / her course completion certificates or at the event of separation from the college and faculty members and officers obtain clearance from the library at the time of departure / leave his or her job, by returning all books and materials issued against him. He / she should also surrender the library card at that time.
11. Computer service has been opened of all library users for academic and research related work after their entry the accession register, one user will be used for one hours.
12. A reading place may not be reserved during the reader’s absence inside the library premises.
13. Personal possessions should not be allowed in the reference, journal and book stack area.
14. Taking foods and drinks are also not allowed inside the library.
15. Users should avoid resting their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, windows etc.
16. Smoking in the library premises is strictly prohibited.
17. No broadsheets, handbills, newspapers, advertisements, or other materials (other than approved, official notices of the library) be distributed or displayed within the library.
18. Members should not be allowed to move books, theses, journals and other materials from their specific area to another area.
19. Members should not replace the documents on shelves; the library staff will do the replacement.
20. For any emergency contact with library staffs.
21. Silence is required throughout the library. Readers should not dissociate the concentration of their fellows by discussion or gossiping.
22. Willful misuse of library facilities may result in membership of the library being terminated.
23. Users who disturb normal library environment and behave in an offensive manner, will be required to modify their behavior or to leave the library.
24. Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care. Avoid keeping the volumes open on the table face down, or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages and closing them. Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
25. Defects found in the books and other materials taken out for use or for borrowing should be brought immediately to the notice of the library staff on duty. Books loaned should be protected from any damage.
26. Marking or disfigure with ink or pencil on a book, periodical, CDs / DVD, or any other library materials in any way is forbidden. Any sort of mutilation will cause of replacement.
27. Books, periodicals or other reading materials should not be removed from the library premises without being registered at the circulation counter.
28. Without members no one allowed inside the library but with special permission for research purpose can be allowed to use the library for a limited period only.